For the rapid detection of COVID-19 infection
Results in 15 minutes
The current coronavirus detection methods fall into 3 types: nucleic acid detection, antibody detection, and antigen detection.
Nucleic acid detection is currently the "gold standard" for the detection of new coronaviruses, but this requires high tech testing equipment, a high degree of laboratory and operator cleanliness, reagents and expensive high sensitivity PCR machines. Additionally, boxes need to be stored and transported at low temperature, so they are not suitable for rapid detection in scenarios such as large-scale population screening.
By contrast, antibody/antigen detection is usually based on chemiluminescence technologies, such as colloidal gold technology or quantum dot fluorescence. These tests do not require the level of equipment/laboratory facilities, operator cleanliness and handling considerations, making them more versatile and convenient. The price is comparatively low and the detection time is short - usually 15 minutes. Put simply, the antigen test checks whether there are pathogens currently in the body, while the antibody test checks whether the body has developed resistance to the pathogen - i.e whether you have it now or have had it and therefore developed antibodies.
The new coronavirus antigen detection kit is used to qualitatively detect the new coronavirus in sputum samples or nasopharyngeal swab samples.
The new coronavirus belongs to the β genus virus. Novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) is an acute respiratory infectious disease, and humans are susceptible to infection. Currently, patients infected by the new coronavirus are the main source of infection. Asymptomatic infections can also be the source of infection. According to the current epidemiological survey, the incubation period is 1 to 14 days, most of which are 3 to 7 days. The main manifestations include fever, fatigue and dry cough. In a few cases, symptoms also include nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, myalgia and diarrhea.
The new coronavirus antigen detection kit is an immunochromatographic membrane assay that uses highly sensitive monoclonal antibodies to detect SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein. The test paper consists of the following parts: sample pad, reagent pad, reaction membrane and absorbent pad. The reagent pad contains colloidal gold bound to a monoclonal antibody against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein. The reaction membrane contains double antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein. The entire reagent strip is fixed in a plastic card board. When the sample is added to the sample well, the conjugate dried in the reagent pad will dissolve and migrate with the sample. If SARS-CoV-2 antigen is present in the sample, the complex formed between the anti-SARS-CoV-2 conjugate and the virus will be coated with the specific anti-SARS-CoV-2 monomer on the test line area (T). Clone antibody capture. The T-line does not show a negative result. As a program control, the red line will always appear in the control line area (C), indicating that the appropriate sample has been added and the film wicking effect has occurred.
- Test card
- Sample extraction tube;
- Pipe cover
- Nasopharyngeal swab
- Paper cup
- Sputum dropper.
- Store the packaged product in a sealed bag at a temperature (2-30°C or 38-86°F) and avoid direct sunlight. The kit is stable within the validity period printed on the label.
- Please use within 1 hour after opening the sealed bag. Prolonged exposure to hot and humid environments can cause product deterioration.
- The batch and expiry date are printed on the label.
- Before using this product, please read the instructions carefully.
- This product is for professional use only.
- This product is suitable for nasopharyngeal swabs and sputum samples. Using other sample types may result in inaccurate or invalid test results.
- The WHO recommends using sputum instead of saliva. Sputum comes from the respiratory tract, and saliva comes from the mouth.
- If a sputum sample cannot be obtained from the patient, a nasopharyngeal swab sample should be used for testing.
- Please make sure to add an appropriate amount of sample for testing. Too much or too little sample size may cause inaccurate results.
- If the test line or control line is not within the test window, please do not use the test card. The test result is invalid, and re-test with another sample.
- This product is disposable. Do not recycle used components.
Dispose of used products, samples and other consumables as medical waste in accordance with relevant regulations.
EC Declaration of Conformity MHRA Registration
|Our Price: £17.95(Inc. 20% VAT)(£14.96 Exc. VAT)Earn 17 Loyalty Points|
In stock, immediate despatch